Sunday, August 14, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

I know it is August, so it is a bit strange that I am blogging about St. Patrick's Day, but I promise I have a good explanation. We were discussing our annual St. Patty's Day party at Sarah's birthday party last weekend, and a big question arose...will having a roughly six-week-old baby deter the Shepherds from having said party in 2012?

It may seem crazy to even consider throwing a big bash while I'm still in what Sarah calls "the newborn haze," but what kind of Mom would I be if I neglected celebrating Baby Shep's first St. Patrick's Day? It is still TBD at this point, but I will be sad if we cancel completely. I have a feeling we may just have a scaled-down version next year.

On this note, I realized that I never posted pics from this year's party. So, let's reminisce and pretend that the weather is as fabulous now as it was on St. Patty's Day...

There was tons of food as usual (one of my favorite parts of the party), but I only managed to take pics of the dessert table.

We actually had a bunch of kids this year as well (at least early in the day).

And it was our nephew Jack's first St. Patty's Day.


See...it is possible to hold a small baby and a green beer at the same time :).

Kate and Ellie also had a good time...and Kate was really curious about the keg.

And a bunch of other kiddos joined the fun...

And all the kids running around didn't stop the tomfoolery, excessive drinking, and dance parties...

Kim even made an appearance all the way from Los Angeles.

**Note that no babies were harmed in this game of Corn Hole.

We even had a leprechaun join the revelry.

And after someone may or may not have added everclear to the punch, the middle school jams were put on the iPod, and the dance party was on...

As you can see, we had a great time at the 3rd Annual O'Shepherd St. Patty's Day Party....

We will just have to wait to see what St. Patty's Day 2012 has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive