Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Weekend Adventures + Pinkeye Strikes Again

I am still working on a (very long) post about Ava's first birthday party, but in the meantime, here is a little bit about our fun weekend and not-so-fun beginning of the week. 

Our weekend adventures began with Ava's first trip to Taco Joint. Per her doctor's suggestion, we waited until Ava turned one to try certain foods that are more likely to cause allergic reactions. With tomatoes, strawberries, and milk already crossed off the list, egg whites were up next. And what better way to try eggs for the first time than in breakfast taco form...especially from Taco Joint. 

I broke up the taco into pieces, and she dug in. 


Nom, nom, nom. Get in my belly. 


To say that she thoroughly enjoyed it was an understatement. But the sweet girl still offered me some. 


 We continued the egg-stravaganza on Sunday with our first trip to Mecca. The food was what you would expect for a diner-type restaurant, not great but pretty decent (note that we didn't order their famous cinnamon roll, which may have altered my assessment). 

Ava loved our table location, because it allowed for her to great everyone that passed by.


She also discovered the awesomeness of crayons.  


After lunch, we rounded out our fun Sunday with Valentine's crafts (more to come on that tomorrow) and a trip to the park. 

This girl loves her some swinging!


However, after all that fun, Ava woke up on Monday with a runny nose and cough as well as a lovely case of pinkeye. Since this is a complete daycare no-go, I stayed home with her on Monday and Tuesday. 

This is fourth time in the past year Ava has had pinkeye, so you would think that I would be a pro at the whole eye drop situation by now. However, trying to put drops in a toddler's eyes may be one of the most difficult tasks I have ever attempted. She shuts those baby blues so tight that it is almost comical. The fact that I was able to get anything in there was a miracle. 

I also had to wipe her poor little nose so much that she eventually got the hang of it and wanted to wipe mine as well :). 


And on top of all that, I realized that Ava's top left molar was coming in. As a result of either the tooth or the eye infection, the poor thing started running a fever. 

She barely had enough energy to play. Pobrecita. 


And she spent most of Monday afternoon like this...


Ava was so pitiful, and I hate when she feels bad. But I'm not going to lie...the snuggles were pretty wonderful. 


Luckily, she was feeling much better yesterday, and her eyes were all cleared up today...so off to daycare and work we went. 

Fingers crossed that I don't get it next! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive