Saturday, August 17, 2013

Visit to the Dallas World Aquarium

A few weeks ago, we decided to escape the blazing Texas heat by making our first trip to the Dallas World Aquarium



The aquarium has interesting animals around every turn, including this crazy-looking bird...


An adorable sloth...


And some fabulous flamingos... 

The large rainforest area in the middle was my favorite. 


And Ava was very intrigued by it as well. 


It was so beautiful!


Ava loved trying to spot the monkeys in the trees. 


But I think the otters were her favorite. The otters swam all over the place (and came right up to the glass), and Ava loved "chasing" them around.


Luckily there was no jumping or biting. 

I let Josh and Ava check out the giant python while I stayed a very safe distance away. I still may or may not have had snake-related nightmares that night. 


The shark tank is definitely a highlight of the aquarium. 


But it was a wee bit crowded the day we were there. 


Overall, Ava had a wonderful time exploring the aquarium, and she loved being able to get so close to the animals. 



Even though the tickets were a little pricey, it made for a fun afternoon adventure. It was also a great way to escape the 100-degree weather. We will definitely be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive