Sunday, October 25, 2015

Anniversary Weekend Fun

Josh and I celebrated our (lucky) seventh anniversary on October 4, and we enjoyed a fun weekend complete with a college football game and a trip to the State Fair of Texas…two of our favorite fall activities.

Despite the early start time, we made it in time for a little tailgating.


Forget flowers or jewelry, Josh knows the way to my heart is TCU football. 


While it was not the most exciting of games, our total destruction of the Longhorns was quite fun to watch.


Sister frogs :).


Big thanks to Grammie and Papa for watching the kids while we were at the game. They had a blast playing at the park and cheering on their cousins' soccer team…The Glitter Unicorns. 






Sunday morning, we all headed to the State Fair for our fill of fried food, rides, games, and fun.



Funnel Cake Ale and Fletcher's…breakfast of champions.



Rylan got his first taste of a corny dog. 


And was very upset when I wouldn't let him have one all to himself.


The struggle is real.


We hit up the petting zoo, which was insanely crowded but a kid-pleaser as always.




Then it was time to make our way down the Midway for games and rides.









We rounded out our day with some more fried goodness. 


The Cuban Roll was a hit again this year.


Ava's favorite was the Funnel Cake Fries.



And this year's winner, a fried carrot cake roll, was amazing.



With that, we were all sufficiently stuffed and exhausted.



Until next year, Big Tex.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive