Saturday, January 30, 2016

Christmas 2015 | Austin & San Antonio

After celebrating with our little family at home in Dallas, we packed up and headed southbound 35 on Christmas night.

On Saturday, we spent the day at Grampsie and Nana's house with the Bratton side of the family.



Starting with puzzles and mimosas (my kind of morning), we cooked, ate, drank, opened presents, and played all day (my kind of day).











In case you were wondering, it is possible to drink a beer whilst wearing oven mittens.


It is also possible to build a Barbie tower of terror using Lincoln Logs.




Such a wonderful Christmas celebration at the Bratton house.


The next day, all six of my siblings plus Josh, Nello, and Bru went to see the new Star Wars movie.


In 3D!






After the movie, it was time to celebrate Christmas at Bunny and Nello's house (more presents + more delicious food). My Mom attempted prime rib and yorkshire pudding for the first time. And it was amazing.





Monday morning, we hopped in the car again for a trip down to San Antonio to visit with Josh's parents. 



His Aunt Jeanne stopped by as well and was sweet enough to take a bunch of photos...







After our Christmas marathon, Josh flew back to Dallas on Tuesday, but I stayed down in Austin with the kids through Thursday morning. They got in lots of play time at Bunny's house.






I was also able to enjoy two nights out with some of my best girl friends.

Tuesday night I joined Lauren at Launderette, which totally lived up to the hype. The food and service were both amazing, and the atmosphere in the laundromat-turned-restaurant was so fun...and so Austin. We were even able to sit on the patio due to an abundance of heaters. Highly recommend.

On Wednesday night, Lolly joined me after dinner for a wine flight at The Grove.


It was such a wonderful week visiting with family and friends. And to top it all off, my Mom kept the kids for two extra nights so Josh and I could enjoy a little New Year's staycation in Dallas.

We had such a wonderful Christmas break. And needless to say, heading back to reality after two weeks off was rough.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive