Monday, May 2, 2016

Progressive Dinner on Lowest Greenville

After the carnival last weekend, Bunny watched the kids so we could join the Adolphs for a progressive dinner on Lowest Greenville. I've been wanting to do this for quite a while, and with a babysitter in town and perfect spring weather, we finally made it happen.

We started with appetizers and cocktails at Blind Butcher



The "Little Red Corvette" cocktails in honor of Prince were quite tasty and they didn't play around with the alcohol content.


We also thoroughly enjoyed the cheese board, sausage board, and pretzel bread.






Next up was dinner at Rapscallion, complete with Nashville-style hot fried chicken, skillet cornbread cooked in duck fat, roasted cauliflower with white BBQ sauce, and multiple glasses of sparking rose. I could have that same meal on repeat every night (and weigh 1,000 pounds).
After dinner, we headed across the street to Remedy for dessert.


The coconut cream pie was everything I'd hoped for and more. I mean...



The TX Strawberry Chiffon pie with whipped buttermilk and a pretzel crust was also quite delicious.


As was the s'mores-flavored ice cream sundae. 



Dessssserrrrrtttt.


The last stop of the night was the HG Sply Co. rooftop patio for one more drink. This was the first time I'd ever made it up to their patio, and it was really cool (and packed thanks to the perfect weather). We will definitely be back.
It was such a fun night, and I want to replicate the progressive dinner outing in different parts of Dallas (and Austin). Next up will most likely be Henderson Avenue or Bishop Arts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive