Friday, July 1, 2016

Jill's Baby Shower

Erin, Lolly, Sarah, and I recently hosted a baby shower for Jill (and you can tell I'm a bit behind on this post because sweet baby Alex was born last weekend). We had so much fun planning the shower and put a whole lot of love into all the details. Jill is such an amazing person and friend, so we wanted to throw a special party to celebrate her dive into the adventure that is motherhood. 

Jill loved dinosaurs as a kid, so the theme was a no-brainer. However, not wanting it to be too cheesy, we opted for a "Jurassic Chic" vibe, drawing our first inspiration from a tropical-themed party on Pinterest

Once everything was pulled together, it turned out even better than I had imagined...
The Etsy shop we used did such a great job of customizing the invitation.




For the guestbook, we had everyone sign a sweet book called Mamasaurus.  
We clearly had a mimosa bar on hand (with Topo for the preggos/non-drinkers)...

 We also had some iced coffee and spa water with some fun mason jar glasses. (I scored those cute tags from the dollar section at Target.)



There was also lots of brunch fare on hand, including donut and fruit skewers, pigs in a blanket, french toast casserole, mini quiche, tomato and mozzarella salad, and mini chicken and waffle skewers.

We also had the most epic cookie cake from a fabulous bakery in Austin.

I loved all the dinosaurs on display. And for the record, there are not many people for whom I would put together dinosaur puzzles with instructions only in Chinese. Jill is definitely one of those people.
Jill had so many friends in attendance to shower her and Alex with lots of love.


For the activity, we set up a onesie-making station, which was so much fun.







And then it was time for the gifts.







We love you, Jill. #besties




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive