Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Christmas 2016 | Austin

After starting off the Christmas holiday in Dallas, we headed down to Austin to celebrate with my family. We drove on Christmas morning, so the traffic was basically nonexistent on I-35 (hallelujah!), and we made it to Grampsie and Nana's house with plenty of time to spend most of the day with the Bratton clan.






Then it was time to head to Bunny and Nello's house. Since it was late, we waited until the next morning to open gifts, but Rylan had to check out his new tractor before bed. 



Josh and my Dad left the following day to go hunting for a few days, which was Josh's first time at the lease.


They had a great time, and we are now the proud owners of an extremely full freezer of venison.



Meanwhile in Austin, we spent lots of time outside enjoying the unseasonably warm weather and hanging with the fam. 


We also made our first trip to the light show at Mozart's. 


Nothing like watching a Christmas light spectacular in 80-degree weather. 


And continuing the crazy-warm-Christmas-break theme, I also joined friends for a wonderful lunch on the Hula Hut patio...complete with margaritas. Yesssss. 


Before heading home, and just as the cold front came in, we met up for lunch with friends in town from the Pacific Northwest.


These sweet girls made fast friends.


It was such a wonderful week in Austin, filled with lots of fun with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive