Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Christmas 2017 | Part One

The month of December was a whirlwind of pre-Christmas fun, including advent activities, school parties, and house decorating. Since I am a firm believer in waiting until after Thanksgiving to move on to the next holiday, I really appreciated the extra time afforded by the early turkey day. 

We started by picking out the perfect tree.


And decorating it. I think it was our best one yet!


We slowly surrounded it with presents as well. I was determined to get all our shopping done early this year so as to be able to relax (as much as a mom can) during the week of Christmas.


Dobie made an appearance again this year, and the kids loved finding him every morning. 


We had the Christmas "smell good" going all month long. 


The kids both wrote letters to Santa, and I loved how easy Ry's list was. A present...check. 



They also got to meet the jolly old man himself. Ava and I had a discussion before going that not all Santas that you meet are the real thing, but you never know when it is going to actually be him. Upon seeing this sweet Santa, she whispered to me: "Mama, I think he is the real one!" Be still my Christmas-magic-loving heart.



We watched a plethora of Christmas movies. 


Complete with hot chocolate, of course.


The Cookies and Castles date didn't work out this year, so we opted for the Trader Joe's gingerbread kits. They actually worked out pretty great!







We also made some s'mores. 






And then the night took a turn when Rylan fell off a chair and landed head first in a rusty metal pole. The cut was really deep too. Uggggghhhhh. 


He was so brave, though. Several hours, a couple stitches, and one popsicle later, we were headed back home.


It was all smiles the next day for our Rudolph movie night.



Snowman pizza night was also a big hit.

There were a few adorable class performances/parties to attend.







Holiday cards make my heart so happy.



We rounded out the advent activities with Christmas tree cinnamon rolls, which were super easy to make and a definite fan favorite.




Next up on my blog catch-up: Christmas in Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive