Thursday, July 19, 2018

Spring Soccer

This spring, the Elefantes and Sparklers were back for another season of soccer. Despite the lack of organization on the part of the YMCA as well as all the crazy weather that caused lots of cancelled/postponed games, the kids had so much fun and both really improved over the course of a couple months. 





Rylan's sweet preschool team was able to keep five kids on the field during the games this time around (for the most part), but there was still all the hilarity that comes with a bunch of three and four-year-olds attempting to play a team sport. God bless their coach.




And although I am totally biased, Rylan was a superstar out there. I mean, for a three-year-old these moves are pretty impressive [although I didn't capture many on video, he scored at least two goals each game]...


Ava's kindergarten team was equally as fun to watch this year, and they are all turning into such little athletes. 


The girls had a (long and hot) double-header the last weekend of the season, and one of the moms captured these cute photos. 


Ava scored her first goal in a game, and I don't know if I've ever been more proud. Of course I didn't manage to capture it on video, but let's just pretend it was during this play.




Love this sweet and silly group of girls so much! Huge shout-out to our wonderful coaches as well. 


These little soccer players had so much fun, and they can't wait for the next season.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive