Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Rylan's Baseball Birthday Party

Rylan turned FOUR in June, and it was only fitting to throw him a baseball-themed party. Our sweet little sports lover was so excited and couldn't stop talking about his "baseball birthday party" for months leading up to it.


Even though we knew it would likely be super hot outside, we reserved the baseball field at our neighborhood park and hoped for decent weather. Well...it was hot even in the morning, but at least there was some shade and no rain :).

In theory, park birthday parties are super low-key, but we all know I can't help myself when it comes to a theme. A baseball party my boy wants, a baseball party he will get...
The morning of the party, the birthday boy was so excited.


It was a mad dash to get everything set up that morning. Thanks to some easy and cheap decorations from Party City, Amazon, and the dollar store, we had plenty of baseball-themed items on hand.





[It was pretty windy, and my Type-A self had to just accept the fact that the banners wouldn't stay put.]




We clearly had to have popcorn, peanuts, and Cracker Jacks on hand. 



As well as hot dogs and nachos (with Matt's queso in lieu of regular nacho cheese).


And baseball cupcakes. (Rylan's favorite part.)


While we waited for everyone to arrive, the kids played a little baseball. 





We also had a "pin the ball on the bat" game up thanks to Josh's crafty skills. 





Once all the guests had arrived, we attempted to play a water ballon toss game. 



But I waaaaay overestimated the ability of four year olds to participate in the game, so it quickly evolved into just a water balloon fight.






I think the parents had just as much fun as the kids.



After the water balloon fight, we had a little food and gatorade break.









Then it was piƱata time!














It was such a fun morning celebrating our baseball-loving birthday boy.



Special shout-out to Bunny who was a tremendous help, including her assistance in heating up and putting together a bazillion hot dogs :).







No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive