Sunday, November 20, 2011

Childbirth 101

As rookie parents, my doctor recommended that we sign up for a "Prepared Childbirth" class at the hospital. Luckily, they offer a one-day class on Saturdays, but the downside is that it lasts from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Can you tell how excited Josh was to be there that early on a Saturday...

There were about 15-20 couples in the class, and the instructor was really good. She went through a bunch of information, including the various stages of labor and what to expect throughout the whole process.

We really got a kick out of the cervical dilation chart...

One of the best parts of the class was the tour. She started off by showing us where to park and check-in...very important information! We then got to see the labor and delivery rooms, which are super nice (photo courtesy of the hospital website)...

Although, I have a feeling that I won't be enjoying the room that much when I am actually in labor :).

We also toured the operation room area (in case of C-section), NICU, and the rooms where you move to for the remainder of your stay at the hospital (which are pretty similar to the labor and delivery rooms).

I really enjoyed the tour as well as the class, and we definitely feel a lot more prepared...as prepared as you can be for the birth of your first baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive