Sunday, May 13, 2012

Second Sunday Brunch Bunch - Meddlesome Moth

I love brunch. I really, really love brunch. My friends do too, so we decided to start a monthly brunch tradition called the "Second Sunday Brunch Bunch." 

On the second Sunday of every month, we are going to try out a new brunch spot in DFW. To make it even more fun, I thought I would review each restaurant.

This was our first official second Sunday brunch, and we went to Meddlesome Moth in the Design District. Members in attendance were me, Jill, and Laura. 


It is a really cool restaurant. There is a big patio, and even if you are sitting inside (as we were), the big doors are open and it feels like you are outside.

We of course had to start with some mimosas. But these weren't just any mimosas...they were blood orange mimosas, and they were delicious!


We got their special "East Texas Jelly Flight with Biscuits" for the table. The biscuits were everything the waiter said they would be and more. The jelly was really good as well, but I wish they had told us what kind they were. 


Jill and I both got the "Mother and Child Reunion," which I thought was quite appropriate for Mother's Day :). It was peppered grits topped with a fried chicken breast, two eggs, and jalapeño gravy. They were so good, and I think my favorite part was the jalapeño gravy. Jill loved them as well, and she recommends adding some syrup to the chicken!


Laura got the french toast. She is a self-proclaimed french toast aficionado, and she said they were better than Taverna's french toast...which was her previous favorite. So that is saying a lot! Jill and I tried them as well and agreed that they were the perfect amount of crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. 


We also ordered some sangria after the mimosas. While it wasn't as good as Fireside Pies' sangria, it was still pretty tasty. 


Overall, it was a wonderful meal and I would definitely go back! I think next time I will order the "Neuske's 'Badass' Bacon Waffles" with warm caramel apple compote and brie fondue. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive