Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Second Sunday Brunch Bunch: Hattie's

After a slight hiatus during a busy summer, the Second Sunday Brunch Bunch crew met up this month at Hattie's, an "American bistro with a southern low-country influence" located in the heart of the Bishop Arts District.  I have been to Hattie's before for lunch and dinner, but this was my first visit for brunch. 

We started off with an array of colorful cocktails. From left to right: the Mimosa, the Pom Pom (prosecco and pomegranate juice with a sugared rim), and the Salty Dog (vodka and grapefruit juice)...


The Pom Pom was my favorite, and the sugared rim was what really made it special. 

Even more special was the fact that Laura got to enjoy her first post-baby cocktail. Can you tell how happy she was?!


Sarah ordered the Tomato Bisque to start. It comes with a cute little grilled cheese perched on the bowl.



Mmmmmmm, soup. 


She and Jill split "The Biggie," which was a jalepeno-cheese biscuit topped with fried chicken, bacon, cheese, and gravy. Yep...you read that right. They both agreed on the deliciousness as well as the fact that it was a good idea to split it.  


Laura ordered the Sourdough French Toast with Bananas Foster Sauce (and a side of bacon). She loved it, which is saying a lot for someone who doesn't normally like bananas. Maybe it was the first post-baby cocktail talking :). 


And I clearly had to order the famous, off-menu Chicken and Waffles. Not pictured is the gravy I ordered on the side...I'm a fan of both syrup and gravy on my chicken and waffles. 


I ate every bite. Literally. And it was way bigger than this picture leads you to believe. I had to inhale some Tums when I got home, but it was definitely worth it. 

Overall, I highly recommend Hattie's for brunch (and for lunch and for dinner). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive