Friday, November 22, 2013

Other October Happenings

We had a super busy October this year! In addition to our fifth anniversary, a State Fair day, Kate and Ellie's birthday party, a trip to the zoo, Ava's daycare fall fiesta, and Halloween, we enjoyed many more fun activities throughout the month, including... 

National Night Out

We celebrated National Night Out at our neighborhood cookout. We loved seeing our neighbors, especially the Solomons, and Ava loved getting to try her first hot dog and Bluebell ice cream!


Texas/OU Weekend

Texas/OU weekend is always a fun (and crowded) time in Dallas, and this year was no exception. Our friend Quentin was in town from Georgia, and he stayed with us for the weekend. I didn't manage to get any pictures (shocking!), but we met up with a group of friends for a fun dinner that Friday night.

Then I dropped off Josh, Q, and Adolph at the Fair grounds around 8:00 a.m. on Saturday so they could meet up with the rest of the crew and get plenty of beer drinking and fried-food eating in before the big game. Luckily for them, it was a great game!


Lily's Tri Delt Initiation

As I have mentioned before, my youngest sister pledged Tri Delt earlier this fall. As a very proud sister and Tri Delt alum, I headed over to TCU for her initiation in October. It was so special to watch her go through the ceremony, and I even got to pin her!

After taking some pictures at the "Delta Shelta," we headed to Tillman's for a celebratory brunch.



Sisters in more way than one.

I love walking around the TCU campus. Parts of the campus have been completely revamped, and parts look just as they did when I arrived 13 years ago...



Trip to Austin

I had a work retreat one Saturday in Austin, so it was the perfect excuse to head down with Ava for the whole weekend. It was also perfect timing, because it was Hannah's 25th birthday, and both she and Lily came down from Fort Worth for the special occasion.

My Mom and Jimmy watched Ava so we could enjoy a fun family dinner with the birthday girl.



In addition to introducing my Dad and Rhonda to the wonderfulness that is tapas, we consumed quite a bit of sangria...which is always a wonderful thing.

And Hannah and Sara decided it would be a good idea to have a sangria-chugging contest. I think they may have regretted that decision later.



Ava also got to spend lots of time hanging out with family that weekend.



Thanks to Hannah for the next series of pictures, taken with her new fisheye lens. We made a trip down the street to Maudie's, and Ava didn't want let go of her pancake for the rest of the morning. 





Pumpkins!

Ava had so much fun picking out some pumpkins for the house. 


And I had so much fun arranging them. I love the fall.


Randomness

The cute new hairdo courtesy of Ava's teacher.



Two NuhNuhs are better than one.



Ava's first (and most likely not the last) crayon graffiti in the house.



An evening stroll with Bunny.



October really is my favorite month of the year. I'm sad it's over, but it's now time for the holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive