Monday, January 20, 2014

Christmas 2013 | Part One

I realize that I am posting our Christmas pics in mid-January, but I was super sick (and pregnant) all through the holidays…so I'm giving myself a pass on this one. And the holidays were a complete blur. A magical, fun-filled blur. 

We started off the holidays in Dallas with Josh's family, and it was our first time to spend Christmas in Dallas. It was a little strange to not be in Austin, but it was also really nice to wake up in our own home on Christmas morning.

Since Santa would be visiting, we clearly had to make him some cookies on Christmas Eve. 


Love this little flour-covered booty :). 


Despite the fact that the cookies looked so beautiful going in the oven...


The end result was a complete Christmas cookie fail...


But Ava was happy to decorate them nonetheless. 

She ultimately decided that the best decoration was icing handprints. 


Mmmmm. 


We also got in the holiday spirit with this heavenly smelling stovetop potpourri. It seriously makes the entire house smell just like Christmas. 


Ava got to open a couple gifts on Christmas Eve…an adorable dollhouse from Grammie and Papa, and her traditional Christmas pajamas from me and Josh. 





Once Ava went to sleep, the adults enjoyed appetizers followed by a fabulous meal (if I do say so myself).
I also achieved baking redemption thanks to The Pioneer Woman's pecan pie. It never fails. 



Santa must have heard about the delicious, icing-handprint cookies at our house, because he certainly spoiled our sweet little girl. 




Watching Ava's reaction as she came around the corner and saw all the presents was one of the coolest things ever...Christmas is exponentially more special when you have a child who is old enough to experience the magic. 


Ava loved opening every single present, and really got the hang of ripping through the paper. 




Just as we suspected, her new baby doll (who has since been named "Lila") was the biggest hit. 



I can't tell you how much fun it was to see the joy on her face all morning. 



After our nap time, it was time to head to the Lockwood's house for Christmas dinner.

The cousins thoroughly enjoyed their meal at the kid's table. 


And they had so much fun playing (and opening more gifts) all night. 

After a couple days relaxing at home, it was time to head to Austin for another round of Christmas festivities.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive