Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Christmas 2013 | Part Two

For the second part of our week-long Christmas extravaganza, we headed down to Austin to celebrate with my family. And our first stop was the Dart Bowl for Bonnie's annual bowling birthday party. 

It was Ava's first time trying her hand at bowling. She was a natural. 

Ava also thoroughly enjoyed trying out the Dart Bowl's famous nachos and tacos. I love this picture of Ava, her Grampsie, and her breakfast taco.


The next morning, we had our "Christmas morning" at my Mom and Jimmy's house. Ava was completely spoiled, and the highlight was her new play kitchen. 




Nello also gave her a UT sweatshirt to balance out all the TCU-purple :). 


Next, it was time to head over to my Dad and Rhonda's house for more gift opening and a fabulous Christmas dinner. 




How flippin cute is the fur vest that Ava got from her Aunt RaRa?!


Not pictured (because it was delivered directly to our house), is the wonderful new art table that Ava got from her Grampsie and Nana. She loves it!

After we put Ava to bed, we hung out for a while, enjoyed some adult beverages (minus yours truly), and played a little Cards Against Humanity…because nothing says Christmas like "a party game for horrible people."

My cousin Tate, aka "Uncle Rico" to Ava, even joined the fun. 



Despite the fact that I was sick during the whole trip, we had such a great time. Ava even stayed for a couple extra days after Josh and I headed back to Dallas, so she got in some extra time with the fam…and was spoiled even more. 


And the added bonus of our trip to Austin…I got to enjoy a fun girls' night out with Lauren and see her new bling in person. I am so happy for her and Jacob! 


With that, I am finally done with our Christmas posts. And seeing as how it is almost February, it's about time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive