Thursday, May 8, 2014

Easter 2014

We had a very low-key Easter this year, but fun nonetheless. 

The festivities technically started the weekend before Easter, when we took a potty-training break to dye eggs for the first time. 
I'm clearly an egg dying rookie (as an adult), because the end results were not very colorful. We will do better next year. 


Ava received plenty of gifts as well, including a book and stickers from Grammie and Papa...


And a basket of goodies from the Easter Bunny :). 



The Easter Bunny left plenty of eggs as well. 


Ava loved hunting for the eggs, especially because some actually contained candy this year. 


But she wanted to open each one as she went. 





Score!


Enjoying her loot. 



The bunny marshmallows were her favorite. 
As were all the items in her gift basket, including the bunny ears and little stuffed bunny that she carried around all day (pictured above), the bubbles...


And especially the Piggie Paint nail polish. She is such a girl!
We capped of the holiday with a family dinner, complete with a visit from Aunt Hannah. So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive