Sunday, July 13, 2014

Lauren's Bachelorette Party

In early June, we celebrated Lauren's pending nuptials with a bachelorette bash in Austin. At nine-months pregnant, it was not the most ideal time to head out of town or party it up, but I love this girl so much and wouldn't have missed it for the world. 

We started off the weekend with mani/pedis at a cute little place called Embellish


And then we headed to Lauren's parents house, who had graciously lent it to us for the weekend. Lauren's cousin Emily, the Matron of Honor, did a fabulous job decorating, stocking the house with delicious food and drinks, and organizing all the festivities. 






Friday night we hung out by the pool, ate a delicious dinner, and played a little Cards Against Humanity. It was a wonderful, low-key night. 




On Saturday, we spent most of the day at the pool.





Since I am not used to being able to lounge by the pool without chasing around a toddler, I developed quite the sunburn…which is not the best thing while already completely uncomfortable and pregnant. But it was worth it for such a wonderfully relaxing day!

After the pool time, we had a lingerie shower for the "Soon to be Mrs. Reach" :). 











After the shower, we headed downtown for a night out and started the fun with dinner at Coal Vines. 



We even saved a seat for Sunny, who couldn't make it down for the weekend.  


We finished the night with drinks on the patio bar at the W hotel. 


It was such a wonderful weekend celebrating the beautiful bride-to-be.



I can't wait for the wedding in September!

1 comment:

  1. I hereby request that Cards Against Humanity appears at my bachelorette party as well!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive