Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pinterest Projects: Colored Bath Ice and Shaving Cream Paint

It is a struggle to get Ava in the bath some nights, and with a newborn at home now, I have less time to deal with her lovely stall tactics. Bath toys don't entice her like they once did, so I scoured Pinterest for some fun bath activity ideas. These two were both huge hits!

First, we made colored ice cubes, which were so easy. You just have to put one or two drops of food coloring in each cube of water before freezing. I made a bunch and put the extras in a Ziploc bag in the freezer for future use. 

Ava loved chasing them around in the bathtub and watching them melt. They also made the bath water change color, which she thought was super cool. So simple and so fun!


As much as she loved the ice cubes, Ava enjoyed the shaving cream paint even more. And this activity was just as easy to prepare. 

I simply mixed the shaving cream and food coloring in silicone ice cube trays


And Ava used a paint brush we had on hand (the foam kind might work better)... 




She did a little hand painting as well :). 


Ava was a very happy (and clean) little girl.


We will definitely be repeating both of these fun activities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive