Tuesday, September 9, 2014

WINOS Weekend 2014 | Part Three

For the final portion of our WINOS weekend, we enjoyed a fabulous brunch at The Mansion. This also doubled as our Second Sunday Brunch Bunch meeting for August.



The weather was absolutely gorgeous, so we reserved a table on the terrace

We started off with Bloody Marys and mimosas...my first in about 10 months!




They brought out a bread basket for the table, and the scones were so cute (and yummy). 



Several of us ordered the three-course brunch tasting menu, which also came with a sashimi amuse. I am not really a fan of raw fish, but the others really liked it. 



For my first course, I ordered the Apple Bacon Cakes. I took a photo, but it somehow disappeared from my iPhone. Let me just say…they were amazing!

Erin ordered the tortilla soup, which is basically the same as what is served at Fearing's (Dean Fearing used to be the chef at The Mansion). I have ordered it there as well, and it is fantastic. 


The corn soup was also a hit!


For the main course, a couple girls ordered the Raisin Pecan French Toast with apple butter and orange mascarpone. Laura is our resident French toast aficionado, and while she loved this meal, it didn't top others she has ordered over the course of our Second Sunday run (such as the French Toast Casserole at Nova). 


Erin ordered the Croque Madame, which was delicious...and huge. 


Sarah chose the Brunch Burger, which is topped with applewood aioli, confit tomato, and white cheddar and comes with amazing fries. Definitely a good choice. 


And Jill and I ordered the Smoked Brisket Benedict, which comes on a biscuit with piquillo pepper and béarnaise sauce. It also had a potato cake and marinated tomatoes on the side. So good.


Perhaps the best thing about brunch at The Mansion is their dessert buffet. I mean...it's a buffet of adorably delicious little desserts. Sign me up. 



During our meal, we put together a "Hot and Not" list. Lolly's family does this on all of their vacations, and it was a fun way to chronicle the highs and lows of the weekend. We also made a list of things we want to do for future WINOS weekends…because there will definitely be more



I absolutely love these girls, and it was so wonderful to spend the weekend with them. We drank, ate, and laughed more than I have in quite a while. And it was amazing. 


I can't wait for WINOS weekend 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive