Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Second Sunday Brunch Bunch: Remedy

For the January edition of the Second Sunday Brunch Bunch, we switched it up a bit and went to dinner instead (the Cowboys were playing at noon...priorities). 

We chose a new spot on lowest Greenville called Remedy. It had only been open a week and was already crazy packed. But it lived up to the crowd and the hype. 

The cocktails were all fantastic. And I was a huge fan of the French 75-like drink called "The Better Lemon," with meyer lemon syrup, suze, gin, and champagne.


We clearly had to order the pimento cheese with biscuits for the table. It was a very wise decision. The only downfall to the dish was that it didn't come with more biscuits.


Laura ordered the Mushroom & Sweet Potato Pie, which looked amazing.


Jill and I both had the Steak & Potatoes, which came with crispy broccoli and garlic parmesan scalloped potatoes. 


The steak and crispy broccoli were really good, but the scalloped potatoes took home the grand prize. I mean...


Sarah's dish was also quite tasty. The Confit Fried Amish Chicken came with sour cream & chive mashed potatoes, green beans, and peppered gravy.


But Rachel may have won the ordering. I was super jealous of her BLT and tomato soup. It's not just any BLT, this one comes on challah bread piled high with crispy cured pork belly, little gem lettuce, TX tomato, green tomato chow-chow, and citrus black pepper cream cheese. 


I'm definitely ordering it next time.


Finally, we all split "The Bob" sundae. And yes, it comes topped with potato chips. As Ava would say, "holy moly!"


Remedy is a wonderful addition to the neighborhood, and I can't wait to go back for brunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive