Monday, April 6, 2015

Rylan - Nine Months

Rylan is the happiest, sweetest little thing. And now that he sleeps through the night (most nights), he is practically a perfect baby. 

The biggest change last month is that what started out as an army crawl/scoot turned into full-blown crawling right before he turned nine months. He loves the new-found mobility! And we really need to baby proof this house. Stat.

My favorite pics from his monthly photo shoot...






And he's off...


Stats:
  • Height - 28.5 inches (55%)
  • Weight - 20 pounds, 1 ounce (55%)
  • Head - 18.25 inches (85%)

Milestones/Firsts:
  • Legit crawling now. 

  • At the very end of the month, Rylan also discovered how to get into the sitting position by himself.
  • Babbling more and more, but no real "words" yet.
  • Six teeth - three on top and three on the bottom.
  • First real snow day(s).


Likes:
  • Eating! His favorite foods are avocados, baby oatmeal, bananas, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, cheese, black beans, and puffs. 
  • Being outside.
  • Stroller rides.
  • Swinging.
  • Music/songs.
  • Bath time.
  • Seeing his reflection.
  • His NuhNuhs (and snuggling).

Dislikes:
  • Being still on the changing table.
  • Having his nose wiped. 
  • Not having Mama hold him if he can see me in the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive