Sunday, March 8, 2015

Let it Snow

We had some craaazy weather in Dallas the last couple weeks!

It started out with a bunch of ice, which meant school was closed Monday and Tuesday. The ice melted, and then some real snow fell Wednesday morning. 


It wasn't enough for a snow day, but Ava loved watching it fall that morning before school. 


The weather forecast called for more winter weather on Friday, but schools were open and we weren't expecting much accumulation. One of Ava's teachers sent me this picture of them playing outside as it was just beginning to fall.



As the day progressed, it became clear that the snow was accumulating much more than anticipated, and the road conditions were deteriorating quickly. 

The kids' schools closed at 3:00, so we all headed home for an actual snow day. 



We bundled Ava up as best as possible, including the classic plastic-bags-over-mittens look that most Texas kids have rocked at some point in their lives. 





Ava was in snow heaven, and the first order of business was a snow angel. 


She also learned how to throw snowballs. 




And of course, we had to make a snowman. 






Ava had so much fun!



Rylan...not so much. 

"I know it's my first real snow day, but it is freezing out here!"



One of my favorite things about snow days…the hot chocolate!


And then just when we thought it was all over, another round of winter weather rolled through the next week. We woke up to quite the winter wonderland, by Dallas standards at least, with at least three inches of snow blanketing our yard.

Snow sliding, anyone? 


All these snow/ice days were fun, but they also meant spending a lot of time cooped-up inside with two small children (after four days home with them the prior two weeks due to the stomach bug).

We went through every puzzle, game, toy, and activity in the house.






The natives got super restless, and mama was definitely in need of a cocktail (or five). 


I don't know how stay-at-home moms in colder climates make it through the winter. Bless them.

I love living in a place that usually brings at least one snow day each winter, but I am also very much looking forward to spring weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive