Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Second Sunday Brunch Bunch (and Jill's Bachelorette Brunch): LARK on the Park

Our February meeting of the Second Sunday Brunch Bunch was extra special because it doubled as Jill's bachelorette celebration. 

For this fun occasion, we chose LARK on the Park as our brunch location. It is a cool restaurant right across the street from Klyde Warren Park that features unique blackboard art in addition to tasty food. 


(Not pictured above: Rachel. Sorry we didn't manage to get any pictures before you had to leave!)

We made Jill wear a crazy hat (at least for a few minutes).


And Erin provided the table with hilarious dinosaur-themed goody bags...in honor of the bride-to-be's childhood (and ongoing) love for the creatures. 


The dinosaurs loved hanging out on the table. Bonus points if you can spot them all throughout this post :).


We tried two different kinds of mimosas, the original and their daily special that contained some sort of fruit juice that I can't remember as well as hibiscus beer. We all agreed that the special mimosa was really good because the beer cut the sweetness a bit. 


We started with two orders of the Assorted Pastries Board for the table. The sticky bun was clearly the winner of the bunch. 


Jill ordered the Lark Benedict, which was a pretty standard eggs benedict but very good nonetheless. And the potatoes were deliciously crispy.


Sarah chose the Rajas omelet. It looks a little plain from the outside, but it contained poblano chiles, caramelized onion, and Oaxaca cheese. 


Andrea, Erin, and I all ordered the Steak and Eggs Frites. Mmmmmm. 


However, Andrea was crazy and got hers with scrambled eggs…even though she really wanted to order a Rooty Tooty Fresh N' Fruity ;). 


Laura ordered the Fried Egg sandwich with bacon and Gruyere, which was my second choice, and she totally won. I scored a little bite, and it was amazing. I am totally a sucker for extra carbs with my eggs. Next time this sandwich will be mine. 


Jill opened a few little gifts during brunch as well. 


Including a velociraptor wine bottle stopper (how could I not get the for her?!). 


The Fifty Shades of Chicken cookbook. Hilarious!


Some adorable Anthropologie goodies. 


And some granny panties, which according to Sarah were perfect for the girl who was about to be a stepmom living in the suburbs. 


It was such a fun brunch…filled with lots of mimosas :).



We love you, Jill!

1 comment:

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive