Monday, June 8, 2015

Six Sistas Two Mistas

On Mother's Day weekend, my sisters came up to Dallas for a fun night out that we scheduled immediately upon discovering that the Newsies musical was coming to town. The musical is based on one of our absolute favorite childhood movies, and I can't tell you how many times we watched it as kids (and adults). 

I mean…the songs. The dancing. Christian Bale. 

It was so much fun having all five of my sisters together at one time for a night out with just us. For those of ya'll that don't know the backstory on my huge family, here is the Cliff's Notes…

My Mom and Dad had me and Bonnie. In their second marriages, my Dad and Rhonda had Hannah, Sarabeth, and Lily; and my Mom and Jimmy had Charlotte (and my brother, Jesse). So…six sistas from two mistas :).

Once we got all dolled up, it was time to head to our early dinner at Savor


And we clearly had to introduce the Uber driver to the greatness of "Seize the Day"…


We started with some delicious cocktails.





Practicing "prune" faces after several cocktails resulted in this greatness... 


And then we completely ate our faces off. The food was amazing as always. 
Special thanks to Dad for picking up the (very large) dinner bill. 

I promise it was worth every penny :).


We walked off about 25 of these calories heading through the beautiful Klyde Warren Park on our way to the AT&T Performing Arts Center.

It was show time!



The show was everything I had hoped for and more. 


The venue was fabulous as well. Did you know that you can order drinks and food for pickup during intermission?! Plus…wine in sippy cups.


My only regret is that we didn't have closer seats. But there is always next time…and I can't wait to see it again!

It was such a wonderful weekend, and I learned a lot about my sisters that night. Two are close to being engaged, one has two prospective boyfriends, one never sleeps with a pillow, and one still carts around a very old stuffed bunny. 

If you can even call it a bunny any more...


We've already decided to make our Six Sistas Two Mistas weekend an annual event. 



P.S. Favorite quotes of the night...

"Oh my God. Couscous everywhere. One fell out of my pants when I went to the bathroom."

"Are you smoking cigarettes on the side again?!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive