Monday, July 13, 2015

Second Sunday Brunch Bunch | Winewood

After skipping a couple months due to crazy schedules, we celebrated our June edition of the Second Sunday Brunch Bunch at Winewood in Grapevine. 

Since both Jill and Sarah live out in the burbs now, it totally made sense for me to make the trek out to them. And although the area screamed of suburbia, the restaurant was very good. 

The sangria and mimosas were quite tasty. 


And my cappuccino was delicious! I am a total sucker for a cinnamon topping on my fancy coffee drinks.


(I apologize for this incredibly blurry picture of Jill's order, and I promise it was way prettier in person.) 

She got the Winewood Benedict, which comes topped with pulled pork, pickled onions, poached eggs, and chipotle hollandaise. Two thumbs up. 


Sarah got the Steak & Poblano Omelet, which she loved. Both Jill and Sarah also really liked the potatoes and the fruit with poppyseed dressing.


I chose the chicken and waffles, which came with bacon syrup. Bacon. Syrup. And they didn't skimp on the bacon in that stuff. 


Not only was the syrup amazing, the chicken strips were super crispy and had a nice kick to them, and the vanilla waffles were just the right amount of fluffy/crunchy. I would definitely order it again.

And speaking of ordering again...Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese. Yes, ma'am. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive