Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Two of a Kind, Workin' on a Full House

The weekend before last was definitely one for the books. In a completely average weekend meets memorable moments kind of way. 

We started on Friday with a movie night at home. The movie of choice: the new live-action version of Cinderella.


Ava absolutely loved the "real Cinderella," and commented at one point that "It's all so beautiful, mama!" And she wasn't exaggerating. The costumes, setting, and cinematography were gorgeous, and the movie was absolutely charming. 

Ava was also quite fond of the popcorn.


My favorite part: holding my sweet girl's hand while we snuggled on the couch. Friday nights have definitely changed, but I wouldn't change them for the world. 



Saturday we enjoyed a lazy day at home, complete with lots of swinging in the backyard and an exciting TCU-SMU game (which was a little closer than I would have liked).



It's a good thing we took it easy on Saturday, because Sunday was a doozy. 

First, we headed out to the burbs for my law firm's family picnic event at Sandy Lake Amusement Park. We got there early so the kids would have plenty of time to enjoy the rides before lunch.

They loved their first carousel ride.


We also rode the mini-train. Unlike his first train ride, Rylan stayed awake for this one and had a blast.


Ava did too…despite how it looks in this picture.

She was also tall enough for quite a few of the rides, and took full advantage.




The lunch was fun as well, and overall, it was a great family destination. I would like to go back and try out the large pool at some point next summer...but not with my co-workers ;).

Sunday afternoon, my Dad and Rhonda joined us for an early dinner at Matt's. 





Nana and Grampsie were in Fort Worth for TCU Parents' Weekend, and we convinced them to stay an extra night in Dallas not only to enjoy some Bob Armstrong dip with their grandbabies, but also to attend the Garth Brooks concert with us. We bought the tickets pretty last-minute on Saturday, and I am so glad we did!

Garth played seven shows total in Dallas (some back-to-back in the same night), and practically everyone we know in DFW attended one of them. Their reviews, photos, and videos promised a wonderful show.

Thanks to an Instagram video from one of these friends, we realized that the seats behind the stage were surprisingly fantastic due to the round, open set-up. So, in comparison to everything else that was available, we scored a great deal on wonderful seats.



Garth promised to play "all the old stuff," and he delivered. Thanks to my days in middle school of playing The Hits on repeat, I knew every word…and wasn't afraid to sing along with the crowd. It was a good thing that the crowd knew all the songs, because Garth's voice was a bit strained after five shows (but still amazing).



Garth made a point to walk around the back of the stage every now and then, so we had an even better view for some of the songs. 




And finally, way more videos of the concert than anyone wants to see. But for posterity's sake, I had to include them all. 

"Two Pina Coladas" (Which could totally be the anthem for my senior year in college.)


"Unanswered Prayers"


"Thunder Rolls"


Trisha Yearwood joined Garth for a duet and then sang a few of her classic songs, including "How Do I Live" (during which I was captured on the jumbotron). 


And "She's In Love With The Boy."


Then it was time for more Garth…

"Callin' Baton Rouge"


"Friends in Low Places"


And, of course, "The Dance."


Despite Garth's hoarse voice, it was such a fun show! And I haven't been able to stop singing his songs since. "Oooooooh, I've got friends in low places…"

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive