Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Web Crush Wednesday | Football

In Texas, the start of fall is not ushered in with cool weather and changing leaves, but rather with football. It is truly like a religion around these parts, and I am a devoted follower.

College football season starts tomorrow (can I get an amen?!), and I can't tell you how excited I am to watch my beloved Horned Frogs play. But let's be honest, football season is about more than just cheering on your favorite team. It's also about food and fun (and booze)...whether at a tailgate or a football-watching party. And by food, I in no way mean healthy food. The more carbs and cheese the better.

So, for this edition of Web Crush Wednesday, I have rounded up some recipes that would be the perfect accompaniment to football watching and tailgating as well as some other fun football-related finds.

Pull-Apart Pretzel Skillet with Beer Cheese Dip. Carbs...check. Cheese...check. Beer...check. This dip looks absolutely amazing. And I love a good excuse to use my cast iron skillet.


Ice Cream Football Sandwiches. Such a cute and easy dessert. The striped napkins are on point as well. 


BBQ Pulled Pork Pop Tarts. Brilliantly delicious. With a drizzle of sauce on top, these babies would be a perfect football party appetizer.


Fantasy Draft Party. Who says a fantasy football draft party can't be stylish? In fact, these details would be great for any kind of football-themed party. I wish I had come across these photos before planning Ava's birthday last year.


Chili and Cornbread in a Jar. So smart! These little jars of goodness would be perfect for a cold-weather tailgate.


Cheeto-Crusted Jalepeno Poppers with Bacon. Yes, you read that right. 


Mon Oncle Briefcase Barbecue. If James Bond were to barbecue, I can only imagine that it would be with one of these beauties. A perfect gift for the tailgating/barbecue fan who has everything.



Texas Tailgate Burger. And speaking of tailgate grilling, these bad boys would be perfect. I love the addition of the barbecue chips.


Cheesy Party Burgers. On the other hand, if you are cooking for a large crowd, this mouthwatering burger recipe might come in very handy.


79 Free Fantasy Football Team Names. I giggle every time I see this image. If I played fantasy football, this would totally be my team name. Go Chaps. 



Easy Mini Tortilla Pizzas. A perfect gameday snack that would be a hit with adults and kids alike.


Sriracha-Maple Roasted Cashews. Anything with a salty/sweet combo is great in my book, and my sriracha-loving husband would go nuts for these (sorry...I couldn't help myself). 


41 Tailgating Tips That Are Borderline Genius. So many good ideas. Turning a cooler into a warming oven using foil and hot bricks may be my favorite.



Grilled Gameday Nachos. I never would have thought to cook nachos on the grill. This would be great for camping as well.


DIY Pocket Shots. Bravo to the person who came up with this idea (and to the Pocket Shot inventor for that matter). I am not brave enough to attempt this, but we certainly go through fruit squeezies at our house like they are going out of style. 


Portable Margarita Pouches. These portable cocktails are much more my speed. They are like adult Capri Suns. 


State Traditions Fort Worth Gameday Hat. I have been lusting after this hat for quite some time. The subtle nod toward the particular university is fun, and they come in all different colors for various states. 
Crispy Loaded Hasselback Potato Bites. Almost too cute to eat. Almost. 


Stylish Tailgaiting. Because a mimosa bar while tailgating sounds marvelous.


Buffalo Chicken Pull-Apart Bread. Layers upon layers of deliciousness.


Gridiron Punch. I am not quite sure about the actual drink recipe, but the presentation is great. 


Blue Velvet Cake. I love this take on a classic red velvet cake, and it would be perfect for a Dallas Cowboys-watching party.


The Party Cart. Pure genius. 

Mini Cheesy Pretzel Dogs. I am not a huge hot dog fan (crazy, I know), but these look amazing. 


Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose. Even POTUS loves him some Friday Night Lights. Josh and I can't wait to re-watch this series with the kids when they are older. 

M&M Chocolate Oat Bars. After personalizing these bars with M&Ms in your favorite team's colors, they would be an excellent gameday dessert. 


Mississippi Sin Dip. The combo of prosciutto, green chiles, and cheese sounds very intriguing. And I am willing to ignore the fact that it originated in the SEC :).


NFL Food Caddies. So you can support your favorite NFL team whilst contributing carrots and hummus to the cause. 
Bacon & Brown Sugar Crackers. I'm not going to lie…wrapping bacon around all those crackers seems like a lot of work. However, I would certainly eat more than my fair share if someone had them out at a party.


Super Bowl Cupcakes. As far as fancy cupcake decorating goes, I feel like these are very doable.


Solar Powered Projection Rock. This is seriously a thing. And they sell them for college, NFL, and MLB teams. 


Chili Bar. A chili bar station would be an excellent edition to your next football party.


College Guys Football Toy. While I don't want our children to actually play football, I do hope they share my love for the sport. Once Rylan has past the small-toy-choking-hazard stage, this football action figure set would be a fun purchase...assuming they add a certain purple and white team to their inventory.


Baby Blooming Onions. Blooming onions will always remind me of high school. My friends' dad owned an Outback Steakhouse, and we went all the time. If only I could still consume thousands of calories in one sitting that often while maintaining a size 0. Sigh.


Football Party Dessert Ideas. In case you are as obsessed with themes as I am.  


Kendra Scott Game Day Jewelry. Kendra Scott makes it easy to find gameday jewelry in your favorite colors. Of course I lean toward purple, but they even offer hard-to-find burnt orange and maroon options.



Honey Ham Biscuit Sliders. Yes, please. These would be perfect for an early-game tailgate. Or any tailgate. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive