Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Ava's Fourth Birthday

Our baby girl turned FOUR on February 3, and she enjoyed a whole week of celebrating (as one should) starting with a surprise gift awaiting her on Sunday morning because the weather was too perfect to wait another week.


On the big day, Ava loaded up on sugar with a birthday donut for breakfast and Frozen-themed cupcakes for her class celebration.

Then it was time for the big party at the Perot Museum.

This was my first attempt at making an invitation, and it wasn't half bad (but I'm not quitting my day job). The Perot provides some free invitation designs, but I knew the red color just wouldn't do for my birthday girl. So I just cropped out the cake image, changed the color to pink, and incorporated it into an invitation that fit into a sprinkles/classic birthday party theme.


Birthday parties at the Perot are reasonably priced (at least in comparison to other indoor options in Dallas), the process was super easy, and the staff members were incredibly helpful. 

Our party room was right next to the children's museum area, which was perfect. However, we only had 30 minutes before the party started to set up decorations, so it was a race to get everything ready.


All the decorations were from Shop Sweet LuLu's "It's a Party" line.

And the cupcakes were from Sprinkles (clearly).



The Perot offers catering options, but we opted to just bring a few snacks.
And I love how the DIY rock candy party favors turned out! Hopefully the edible experiment actually worked for everyone.





Ava had so much fun playing in the Children's Museum with all her friends and family.












Then it was time for cupcakes and snacks.








It was such a fun party.


Happy fourth birthday, sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive