Friday, December 16, 2016

State Fair of Texas 2016

I'm continuing my blog catch-up with a post today about the two trips we made to the wonderful State Fair of Texas this fall. The Fair is something we look forward to all year long, and I'm so glad we got to fit in two visits this time around.


For our first visit, we decided to focus on the rides and midway games.

But first: Fletcher's corny dogs.










I always like to try at least one new food item, and this time it was the fried cookie dough.

[Bonus points for the Seinfeld reference.]



OMG...it was amazing, but so rich. Luckily, Josh and the kids were more than happy to take one for the team and help me finish them.


For our second visit, both to save money and switch things up a bit, we focused on the free kid-friendly shows and exhibits. Grammie was able to join in on the fun with us as well!

In an effort to arrive while the animals were still hungry, our first stop was the petting zoo.



The silly goat stole our cup!


After a pit-stop for a true breakfast of champions: chicken fried bacon and beer...


We headed inside to watch the cowboy show. 


It was clearly mesmerizing! 



Upon leaving, a sweet security guard directed us around the corner to the rabbit exhibit. There were literally hundreds of bunnies in all sizes and colors. Ava was in heaven! 


Finally, we made our way through the "Little Hands on the Farm" exhibit, which the kids loved. And not just because they got to trade in the "money" they earned for a bag of chips.



This right here. Pure little-boy bliss.


And the winning new food item during this visit was the fried pecan pie. Yessssss!




Until next year, Big Tex!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive