Friday, December 2, 2016

Steve & Diana's Baby Shower

I am soooo behind on blogging (work has been insane; see my left eye twitch that just won't quit), and it's about time that I posted photos from the baby shower we helped host months ago over Labor Day weekend.

Steve and Diana didn't know the gender at that point, so we kept it neutral and fiesta-themed. The shower was held at Iron Cactus in Austin as so many of their friends and family were in town for the UT-Notre Dame game that weekend. Cyndi handled all the heavy lifting with the planning, and it was all fabulous! I am now convinced that all showers should involve Tex-Mex, margaritas, and football.

(Forgive the picture quality; the lighting in the room was less than ideal for photos.)







I love the idea of using children's books as the guest book at a shower, and this one was perfect for the theme. 



And my favorite party detail was the adorable set of cookies from Hayley Cakes & Cookies



To go along with the gender-neutral theme, I requested TCU-inspired Mexican dress onesies and UT-inspired mariachi onesies. They turned out so well!



Everyone had a great time hanging out, watching football, and eating a bunch of Mexican food.









And of course there were some fun gifts to open. 






It was such a fun shower, and now these two are the proud parents of a sweet baby BOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive