Friday, May 19, 2017

Friday Night Photo Dump | January-March 2017

The fact that it is already mid-May boggles my mind! We had a very fun and busy start to the year, and these photos definitely document that fact.

While some folks started the year off with Whole 30 or Drynuary, this is how my friends and I chose to celebrate the new year. I love Rise, and my girls, so much.
Painting the fairy house that Ry got her for Christmas.


Record-breaking room escape with my super smart friends.

This little cowboy insisted upon wearing his hat to bed.


We enjoyed many a day outside during our beautifully mild winter.


I loved receiving this sweet text from the director of Rylan's school. I am so grateful for the fabulous teachers and staff there who treat our children as their own and are just as proud of all their accomplishments. 


Testing out her birthday present. Guess Who is just as fun as I remembered. 


When you're at home sick with a mysterious fever, and your mom is trying to get some work done, you decide to set up our own home office. #ClosingDeals


Thanks to Bunny for babysitting so Josh and I could enjoy an early Valentine's dinner (and celebrate five years as parents) at Rapscallion.

Post five-year-check-up-ice-cream-date with my girl.


Cupid Crunch for Aunt Tori's Valentine's party.


And Valentine's fruit kabobs for Ava's class party. She was such a good helper.


Dear Texas weather: You're crazy, but I love you. #February

They insisted upon Daddy carrying them both to the car, and this is now one of my favorite photos.


A little in-town fishing on a gorgeous day. 


She fell asleep mid-lipgloss choice.


I am kind of in love with the President Roosevelt that Ava made for her Mount Rushmore project at school. (And he also totally looks like Willie Nelson.) 



And speaking of school projects, Ava really loved the science theme at school, and the sweet girl wanted to make a card about experiments for her teachers. I clearly couldn't give it to them. Ha!


Rylan and Avery. #BFFs


Ava at her kindergarten round-up. I'm in total denial.


"Play football me, Uh-cle Jesse?"


Stylin.


Loved having lunch with these cuties when we were in Austin for spring break.


While I was in San Antonio for Hannah's bachelorette party, the kids got in lots of fun with my parents. 



And I have to brag on my sweet Dad. The night before he was going to watch the kids for the day, I showed him a Pin about a "rock box" that I thought would be fun for the kids, and when we arrived the next morning he had already been to Home Depot to pick up all the supplies to make it. 

This little guy's day was made. 


They also had so much fun at the Austin Rodeo with Bunny and Nello. And had their first taste of cotton candy!


When we were in Austin, we also got to celebrate Bunny's birthday. 60 has never looked better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive