Saturday, November 11, 2017

Back to School

This fall has been a whirlwind of change, with Rylan moving up to preschool and Ava starting Kindergarten at our neighborhood elementary school. (And the fact that I am so behind at blogging right now is directly attributable to this adjustment.)

Rylan started first, and he looked like such a big boy on his first day!


Before Ava's first day, we got a chance to meet her teacher and classmates at a fun "Meet the Teacher" night complete with sno cones. I think this really helped with the transition. 


On the first day of kindergarten, Ava was so ready to go! I wasn't nearly as emotional as I thought I would be (her last official day of preschool a couple weeks prior was much tougher on me for some reason), and the only rough part was the earlier wake-up call.

Our sweet kindergartener...







Ava was all-smiles when I picked her up that day, and she has continued to have such a wonderful first few months of kindergarten. We couldn't be happier with the school, and she has made so many wonderful new friends (the parents are so fun as well). It is a truly special community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive