Tuesday, December 5, 2017

BB's Memorial

In late September, on what would have been his 83rd birthday, we celebrated the life of a wonderful man and grandfather. Because of BB, I will forever love the Texas Hill Country, traveling, reading, llamas, salty food, Christmas traditions, skiing, s'mores, gin cocktails, The Sound of Music, and always making time for adventures.










I'm so very grateful that my children were able to meet him.


BB didn't want a sad memorial, but rather a "celebration of life." After looking into various venues, Scholtz Biergarten was the clear winner. It offered a low-key venue complete with lots of fond memories.

We spruced up the room a bit with Sarabeth's gorgeous flowers as well as a bunch of framed photos.






We also had a slideshow playing on one of the walls. I am so happy with how it turned out, and going through all the photos brought back so many wonderful memories.



The food was delicious and salty just as BB would have liked it.

 



We also had cookies on hand from Hayley Cakes & Cookies. I had them make an assortment of designs, which were all things that reminded us of BB. They turned out so great!



The llama was clearly my fave.




And of course there were family members and friends who traveled from near and far to fill the room with love and memories. 





























It was such a bittersweet night, but we did our best to hold back the tears and focus on BB's long and fun-filled life. 

We continued that theme when a smaller group met at Dad and Rhonda's house after the memorial. It's not that often that we are all together, and I know BB would have loved to be there laughing, drinking, singing, and dancing along with us.

Cheers to BB!


Piggy night night, BB. We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive