Monday, December 18, 2017

State Fair 2017

Fall is my absolute favorite season for so many reasons, including the State Fair of Texas. And with a kindergartener in DISD, this was our first year with an official "Fair Day." Josh and I both took the day off so we could take full advantage.

Per tradition, our first stop was a picture with Big Tex.


Then it was time for the breakfast of champions: Fletcher's corny dogs. 



We decided to hit up the rides and midway games before it got too hot, and the kids were both tall enough for all the rides this year.




Be still my heart.



Winner winner, chicken dinner!



It's so fluffffffyyyyyyyyy.


By that point it was really getting hot, so we stopped for food in both the indoor pavilion and a nice shady patio.

Get in my belly...

The Cuban roll is my absolute favorite.


And the bacon-wrapped mozzarella sticks and fried Texas sheet cake were both delicious new finds.



We saved the shows for last to try to beat the heat a bit, starting with the pig races. 


Not pictured is the wild west pet show, which was amazing.

It was a wonderful, fun-filled (and very hot) day. Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive