Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas 2011

This Christmas was fun, but also very hectic because I spent most of my vacation time getting our house ready for Baby Ava. But it was very nice to have so much time to "nest" :).

We went down to Austin a couple days before Christmas to celebrate the holiday and attend my sister Bonnie's annual family birthday party at the Dart Bowl. I forgot my camera so I stole these shots of the bowling party from Hannah.

My Aunt Bonnie and my crazy cousins, Tate and Dean.

Dad and Aunt Bonnie.

Such cute pictures of Hannah and Lily with the cousins...

Hannah caught me staring at the belly.

All the Bratton girls + Josh.

And I love this one. Dad and Rhonda ended up using it as their New Year's card picture.

I'm glad there were no pictures captured of my attempt to bowl at 8-months pregnant :). But I actually did pretty well!

We came back up to Dallas to spend Christmas with Josh's family. It was really nice to have Christmas at our house for the first time. I can't wait to spend Christmas mornings here with Ava in the future.

We had Christmas dinner at our house, which was quite eventful with twin two-year olds and a nine-month old. It was also very entertaining watching them open all their gifts.

The girls got a couple baby dolls.

Ellie named hers "Patty."

And some large legos.

And they loved the robes we gave them!

They also loved their pillows from Grammie and Papa.

Even Jack liked unwrapping his gifts.

And this is just a cute pic of Uncle Josh with Jack.

I can't wait to celebrate again next year...and it is hard to believe that Ava will be about 11 months old at that point!

1 comment:

  1. It is crazy to think that next year there will be 4 kids and 3 little dogs running around!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive