Sunday, April 29, 2012

Back to Work

Today is officially the last day of my maternity leave. While I love my job and am ready to get back into the swing of things at the office, I am really sad that I will have to spend so much time apart from my precious baby Ava during the week. I am very grateful to have had 12 weeks at home with her (I feel so bad for the moms out there who don't get as long), but she still seems so little and it will be a tough transition. 

To help with this transition, I took Ava to daycare both Tuesday and Thursday the last two weeks. This was not only to get me ready emotionally, but also to figure out how long it would take to get her ready and out the door each morning. I highly recommend this to other moms going back to work. 

Here is a picture of Ava as I dropped her off the first day. She didn't look too pleased :). 


And look at the cute sign above her crib.


I cried for about 30 minutes after I dropped Ava off the first day of daycare, and I am honestly crying as I write this post. Nevertheless, I am confident that she will be in good hands, and we will still get to spend a lot of quality time together every day....but I should probably wear waterproof mascara to work for the next couple weeks :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive