Monday, August 6, 2012

Baked Shrimp Scampi

I made this for the first time during our recent family trip to Port O'Connor...and it was delicious! How can you go wrong with shrimp bathed in buttery, garlicky, lemony goodness?

 It is based on a Barefoot Contessa recipe (I heart Ina Garten).

Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds shrimp
  • 3 tablespoons good olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons dry white wine
  • salt
  • ground pepper
  • 2.5 sticks unsalted butter
  • 6 cloves minced garlic 
  • 1/4 cup minced shallot 
  • 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 cup panko bread crumbs
Note that I halved the recipe this time around.

First, peel and devein the shrimp. 


Add the olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and the white wine...only two tablespoons means a lot leftover to drink :). Let this marinate while you make the butter mixture. 


Put the softened butter in a small bowl.


Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, the garlic, shallot, parsley, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and panko.



And mash it all together. 


Dump the shrimp and marinade into a baking dish (since I halved the recipe, I didn't have the perfect sized dish). 


Top the shrimp with the butter mixture. 


Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. 


And then broil for 3-4 minutes (keep an eye on it), or until a bit browned and crispy on top.


I recommend serving over angel hair pasta with salad and nice, crusty bread for soaking up the buttery, garlicky, lemony goodness.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive