Sunday, October 28, 2012

Family Picnic at the Zoo

The law firm I work for hosted a "Family Picnic at the Zoo" yesterday, and we joined in on the fun.


It was a cold morning in Dallas, but Ava was all bundled up in her stroller. 


Before the lunch, we explored the "Wilds of Africa" section of the zoo. 


 Josh really wanted to see the gorillas, but they never showed. 



We heard something rustling around, but it turned out to be just this little squirrel enjoying its breakfast :). 


Hey, Timon!


It is crazy how close you can get to the giraffes.


Ava was really intrigued by Tuck the pony. 


I think he liked her as well. 


We had to take a picture of the "Titi Monkey" sign...hehehe. 


Then we headed to the picnic lunch. It was a great turnout, and Josh got to meet a lot of my colleagues.  And Ava slept through the whole thing :). 


Unfortunately, I didn't manage to take many pictures of the festivities, but it was such a fun day at the zoo.




Hopefully next time Ava will be awake for more of it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive