Friday, October 19, 2012

Second Sunday Brunch Bunch - The Common Table

For this month's Second Sunday Brunch, we chose to visit The Common Table. The weather was gorgeous, so we wanted to pick a place with lots of patio seating. 

The patio didn't disappoint, but the food was just average. 

Jill ordered the Farmboy Breakfast, which is a biscuit topped with sausage patties, scrambled eggs, and gravy along with a side of hash browns. She really liked the hash browns, but the fact that the scrambled eggs tasted like "cruise ship powdered eggs" was definitely a turn-off. 


Laura ordered the Grilled Cheese (without the roasted pork loin that it normally comes with...because she is weird :), and she really liked it. 


Erin and I both ordered the Chicken and Waffles. I liked that it was chicken tenders instead of one big piece of chicken, and the waffle was really good as well. But we both wished they had served it with gravy in addition to the syrup/honey. Overall, it was good but not great. 


We also both ordered a side of Cheese Grits. The grits were good, but they made them cheese grits by simply slapping a big piece of cheese on top (see below). I don't think that should count. And I think Paula Deen would back me up on that one. 



Luckily the drinks were delicious! We tried the Poinsettias, Classic Mimosas, and their special Tropical Mimosa, which is made with champagne, orange juice, and passionfruit liquor. I really loved the Tropical Mimosa.

Look how pretty they were...


Bottom line...I think I would go back for drinks and patio-enjoying. Not sure that I would go for another meal. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive