Monday, October 15, 2012

Meeting BB and Gayle

My grandparents, BB and Gayle, came to Austin a couple weeks ago for a last-minute visit from Arizona. (It is still so weird that they no longer live on that beautiful piece of riverfront property in the middle of the Texas Hill Country where I spent so much of my childhood.) 

They hadn't met Ava yet, so we planned a really quick trip down to see them. Sorry to all our friends and family who we didn't get to see while we were there! I'm so glad we made the trip, because the look on their faces when they first saw Ava was priceless. 

And Ava loved meeting them as well. 


"Hi, BB. It's nice to meet you." 


"Tell me a little about yourself."


"Do you want to play with my toys?"


"Ava, you want us to pay your college tuition? Sounds like a plan." 


Was I the only one that heard him say that ;)? 

Ava also got to meet her cousin Adam (my cousin David's son), who was in town from Japan. They had so much fun together, and Adam even shared his toys. 

P.S. Please notice the photobomb by Sara and Stephen in the above shot. Nice!

Adam didn't want to share this toy though :). 

Ava also got in some quality time with her Grampsie, Nana, and Aunts. 




Aunt Sara isn't quite used to the fact that she can't wear dangling jewelry around Ava. 



I love this pic of my Dad and Sara. 


And this one of Stephen and Sara as well. 


And here is Lily with her boyfriend. Ha!


Grampsie served as Ava's high chair for the night. He didn't mind one bit. 





I love this picture so much!


Ava also loved wrestling around with Grampsie. 


And she also got to play with BB and Gayle's dog Little Bear...who is the complete opposite of little. Ava loves Stella and Louie, but they would never let her do this. 


"I want to hold you, and love you, and pet you, and squeeze you..."



She was in heaven!


It was such a wonderful day.

And despite the quickness of the trip, Ava got to play at Bunny and Nello's house a bit as well. She absolutely loves to swing in their backyard.


And she was such an angel on the trip back up to Dallas. Ava slept for the first half and then happily played with some toys for most of the second half. I only had to get in the backseat for the last 20 minutes or so when she started getting fussy...and she immediately perked up :). 


Until next time, Austin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive