Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thankful


Things have been a little bit hectic lately, and I realized that I have yet to post about our Thanksgiving. Josh's parents came up to Dallas this year, and we had a wonderful time celebrating Ava's first Turkey Day.



And our little pilgrim even busted out her "indian move."



 Ava got in lots of good bonding time with her Grammy and Papa. And she thinks her Papa is hilarious...


Since we were going to eat a late Thanksgiving dinner after Ava went to bed, I put out a huge spread of appetizers in the afternoon (they were all cold appetizers because the oven was full of dinner items...I really need a double oven!)...


Complete with spicy cashews, marinated mushrooms, and a cheese board (all from Central Market)...


Crackers and onion dip...


Mini BLT sandwiches with dill mayo...


And deviled eggs (I forgot the paprika, so they don't look as pretty as normal). A couple happened to disappear before I managed to take the picture :).


We also had some delicious fall sangria, complete with oranges, Honeycrisp apples, and cherries.


Once the table was set, and Ava was asleep, we were ready to eat!


Luckily, I did not have to make the turkey. Gary did an excellent job as always...wasn't it beautiful!




Betsy also made her fabulous green bean casserole to go alongside our mashed potatoes, dressing, and sweet potato casserole (I really need to post the sweet potato recipe, because it is ridiculously good!).


After dinner, Tori and Todd joined us for dessert, which included pecan pie...


Chocolate icebox pie...


And these incredibly decadent caramel apple cheesecake bars that I found on Pinterest (and I may or may not have added way more caramel sauce than the recipe called for).


It was a wonderful meal and a great night with family.

We also had a playdate the next day with Ellie, Kate, and Jack. And all the cousins had a ton of fun in the ball pit.


This picture cracks me up. Jack's face is classic!


 Kate was really sweet with Ava...



But Ava really just wanted her cheese quesadilla :). 


It was a wonderful Thanksgiving, and we truly have so much to be thankful for this year...especially when it comes to our healthy, happy, sweet baby girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive