Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

As I mentioned in the previous post, we traveled to San Antonio last weekend to attend the wedding of one of Josh's high school friends. The timing was perfect, because it meant we got to celebrate Mother's Day weekend with Josh's Mom and Grandmother. 

I didn't manage to take any pictures of us at the wedding/reception/after-party (shocking, I know!), but we had such a great time, and Josh really enjoyed catching up with old friends. However, I did take quite a few pictures of Ava having fun at her Grammie and Papa's house. 

She loved playing with Grammie and all her fun toys. 
And she thought her Papa was hilarious!

Ava also finally got to meet her Aunt Jeanne and Uncle Billy. (I love this family picture!)


Can you tell how happy she was to be there?!


And then, just like that, we had to head back to Dallas. 

Ava and I capped off the weekend with a little Mother's Day FaceTime with Bunny. 


Spending the better part of the afternoon traveling with a 15-month-old did not make for the most relaxing Mother's Day, but we had such a nice weekend with family and friends. 

My sweet gifts also made up for all that time corralling a fidgety toddler in the airport/on the plane. 

Josh got me this necklace from Anthropologie that I have been lusting after...


And Ava made me two precious cards at daycare...

Her sweet little face in the center of the flower kills me!

I am certainly one lucky momma...in many more ways than one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive