Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekend Visitors + Erin's Fiesta

Last weekend, my Dad, Rhonda, and Lily came up to Dallas for a visit. They made the trek up I-35 for several reasons, including the fact that Lily needed to shop for her prom dress. 

That's right...my baby sister is going to prom as well as graduating from high school in less than a month. Seeing as how she was only five when I left Austin for TCU, this is crazy to me! Now she is the one who is about to be a horned frog. I. am. old. 

Between dress shopping and other activities, the Bratton clan came over to hang out with Ava (let's be honest...Josh and I no longer get top billing). She absolutely loved seeing her Grampsie, Nana, and Aunt Lily. 



After their visit, we headed to Erin's birthday/Cinco de Mayo fiesta. 

Ava had so much fun at the party, and she especially loved playing with her BFF, Abby. 
The little amigas were very easily amused, and spent a great deal of time playing with rocks. (The fact that none were ingested is almost shocking.)

And bubbles...




Which Ava thought were delicious. Lovely. 


Ava also enjoyed hanging out with the birthday girl...

As well as her silly Aunt Jill...
We eventually got Ava to sit still for a while by bribing her with "agua" and food. 



It was such a wonderful afternoon. Chasing around a toddler the whole time didn't make for the most relaxing time, but the weather was perfect, the sangria was flowing, and (most) of our favorite friends were in attendance. It can't get much better than that. 

Feliz Cumpleanos, Erin! We love you :). 



1 comment:

  1. Awesome pics!! Erin's headdress kills me. It was so fun...Abby and Ava together crack me up, you can tell they will be great friends!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive