Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Weekend Trip to Austin

One of our good friends from law school, who has since moved to Georgia, was in Austin last weekend with his new fiancée. So we clearly had to make the trip down to see them. 

We met up for a fun lunch at Shady Grove


Complete with some mid-day drinks. How is it that I have never had a frozen sangria before?!


It was so great to catch up with Quentin and meet his lovely fiancée. She is totally out of your league, buddy ;).

 Ava also made the trip with us...much to the delight of my family.


 Ava absolutely loves hanging out at her Bunny and Nello's house.

She gets to swing...
Swim...
Play with sweet puppy dogs (who actually let her pet them)...



Eat lots of yummy food (while being the center of attention)...
Spend lots of time outside...





And, of course, hang out with her Bunny and Nello...



Ava also got in lots of quality time with (some of) her aunts over the weekend.





(I am so in love with Ava's curls...they kill me. And they are even more pronounced in Austin due to the lovely humidity.)

In addition to our fun lunch with Q, Josh and I also got to meet up with the Arnolds for dinner on Saturday night. We decided to try Moonshine, which didn't disappoint. 




It was such a fun night. I'm still in total denial that they don't live in Dallas anymore. 

Before heading back on Sunday, we made a stop to see Mimi. I promise that, despite the lack of a smile, Ava was glad to see her...she was just ready for a nap. 


After a quick visit, it was time to hit the road. 

And on the way back home, we decided to stop in West for gas and kolaches. After the recent tragedy, we thought it only appropriate for our gas money to go to a city in need. Apparently we weren't the only ones who felt this way, because the Czech Stop was packed! We opted to go next door instead. 



But Ava couldn't tell the difference. She acted as though the strawberry cream cheese kolache was the best thing she had ever tasted. And I don't blame her. It was delicious.


And so ended our weekend adventure. Until next time, Austin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive