Monday, April 22, 2013

First Dallas Stars Game

The law firm I work for has a suite at the AAC, and it was graciously offered to my department for a Stars game last week. 

I've never been to a hockey game before, and despite the fact that my limited knowledge of the sport comes from The Mighty Ducks, I was really excited to finally see the Stars in action. 


(Is it just me, or does the player on the ticket really look like Charlie from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?)

Since Jill was sweet enough to babysit, Josh and I were able to make a date night out of it. 


We had a great time and it turned out to be a good game as well...the Stars won 5-1. 


It was definitely a well-needed escape from the craziness of last week. Between all the horrible news in Boston and West, several big projects at work, and Ava's first ear infection, it was a draining week to say the least.

The kind of week where you pick your battles. Like giving in when your toddler wants to bring her sippy cup and WubbaNub in the bath after she asked to go "night night" at 5:30. You win some, you lose some. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive