Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Weekend

Ava's school was closed on Good Friday, so we started off our Easter weekend with a fun mommy-daughter day together. The weather was perfect, and we spent the morning exploring a new park with the Lockwoods. She had so much fun hanging out with her cousins and Aunt Tori. 










Our happy little toddler had a fun Saturday as well. I didn't take many pictures, but the one below pretty much captures our day.

Even though she has fun hanging out with me, no one can make her smile quite like her Dad :).

We started off Easter Sunday with some Apple-Vanilla Pancakes courtesy of the new Weelicious cookbook. They were a definite crowd-pleaser, and I think Ava ate just as many as we did. That girl loves her some pancakes.


Then it was time for the Easter Bunny to do some magic during nap time.

Although, more gifts were probably unneccesary due to the fact that Ava had already received so many fun things leading up to Easter, including an adorable lamb from her Grammie and Papa. She wouldn't put it down all night....the poor lamb almost joined bathtime.

Ava also received a cute little bunny from Josh's grandmother as well as a variety of bunny-themed items from her Bunny and Aunt Bee when they came up a couple weekends ago. I think my Mom is determined to get her to say Bunny...but all we have so far is "Bu" :).
Her favorite thing was the bunny purse, which was filled with a bunch of plastic bracelets. As you can see below, our little fashionista loves to wear them around the house.


BB and Gayle also sent Ava a very special package in the mail. 

This bunny basket was the one I used at their house when I was little. I'm so happy that they saved it all this time, because Ava loved it!


Ava was super serious about the egg hunting. I can't wait to see her in action once they are actually filled with something!






And then she took them all out of the basket to start over again :). 


And don't worry...even though Ava didn't get any candy this year, the Easter Bunny brought her a nice basket full of goodies.



I think her favorite part was the crinkly paper filling.


Although the egg-shaped chalk, lamb, and honey bunnies were also big hits.



Ava was sweet enough to share her honey bunnies. 




She had such a fun afternoon.

And we capped off the wonderful weekend with a nice stroll around the neighborhood. 



Ava kept looking up at me and smiling. Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive