Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Saturday Fun with Aunt Hannah

My sister Hannah made the trek over from Fort Worth on Saturday to join us for a fun-filled afternoon, which began at the Nasher Sculpture Center

As an art teacher, I knew Hannah would appreciate being a part of Ava's first art museum experience. And since the tickets were free (a perk of working for a law firm that sponsors lots of Arts District organizations), I wasn't worried about taking a toddler. I figured that even if Ava lasted 30 minutes, the trip would be worth it. She was very well-behaved and enjoyed the super colorful and quirky Ken Price exhibit. It was so cute how she would point at the pieces that caught her eye.

But since it was such a beautiful day, we spent most of our time in the garden. Ava had fun exploring with her Aunt Hannah. 






We all had such a good time!

After enjoying the Nasher, we headed over to Klyde Warren Park...another activity that has been on my to-do list for a while. 


The park is really, really great. It's the perfect mix of big-city flair and laid-back cool. The whole thing felt so un-Dallas. 

And because of the gorgeous weather, it was quite crowded on Saturday. 

I'm kind of in love with this park.


After a fabulous afternoon exploring the Dallas Arts District, Josh took over Ava duty so Hannah and I could enjoy a delicious dinner at Victor Tangos

I clearly started off the meal with a (couple) French 75s. Definitely my favorite cocktail, especially at VTs...so simple and yet so delicious.


And then we gorged ourselves on Ahi Tuna Nachos and Tempura Green Beans, Pickles & Cheese...
Followed by Korean-Style Hanger Steak with Grilled Broccolini and Charred Onions, Crab Mac & Jack, and Chicken & Waffles. 
Goodness gracious...I seriously love this restaurant. And since we ordered way too much, Josh got a nice dinner from the leftovers. 

Ava had such a great time hanging out with her Aunt Hannah. She even learned how to say her name on Saturday. After seeing this video, I think all the other aunts will be a bit jealous :). 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive