Monday, June 3, 2013

San Francisco/Napa Trip | Day One

Over Memorial Day Weekend, we took a fabulous trip to San Francisco and Napa with a few of our favorite friends. We spent a lot of time planning the vacation and received recommendations from so many different people. When all was said and done, we were very happy with our itinerary...
It was our first time away from Ava, and I was really nervous. However, I knew she would be in good hands with her Bunny. Despite the fact that my Mom is well versed in all things Ava, I still had to leave some instructions (which were no where near as intense as the minute-by-minute instructions my Mom left with my grandparents the first time they kept me)...
[For posterity's sake, I must note that Ava doesn't really get bottles anymore. But she calls her sippy cups "babas," so I wrote them down as bottles. I realize that no one cares about this detail but me.]

After starting things off right with some cocktails in the airport, we made it to San Francisco late Thursday night. We stayed at Parc 55 per the recommendation of some friends. It is a really nice, modern (and reasonably priced) hotel that is right in the middle of Union Square. 


Our room even had some nice views (you can see the Bay if you look close enough)...


 Since our flights got in so late, I had scoured TripAdvisor and Yelp looking for a place to get a good dinner after 10 pm. I stumbled upon some great reviews for Annabelle's Bar & Bistro, which was located only a few blocks from our hotel. So, we met up with Jill and Steven at Annabelle's for what turned out to be a ridiculously delicious late-night meal. 




The fact that they have their full dinner menu available until midnight is fabulous. I highly recommend the Anchor Steam Braised Short Rib, which came with creamy feta polenta, broccoli rabe, wild mushroom jus, and horseradish cream (Josh also loved the House-Made Italian Sausage Pizza). 


This picture in no way does it justice. 

 After a huge meal (and several drinks), it was time to hit the sack in preparation for our full day on Friday. 

Up next...Day Two at Fisherman's Wharf/Alcatraz, our "booze cruise" to Napa, and the best meal of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive